Some of our benefits include:
$500 hiring bonus after 90 days (restrictions apply)
Must work a minimum of 20 hours per week continuously
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
Access to: FSA Health Saving Plan, Retirement Savings Plan,
Supplemental Voluntary Life Insurance
Assist Director of Housekeeping with day-to-day operations,
specifically overseeing all public areas and administrative offices of
the resort. Additionally, inspect rooms after department to ensure
they are properly cleaned up to the Ranch LB and Forbes standards.
Provide training and coaching to all housekeeping employees under your
supervision, and cross-functional responsibilities to other associates
of the Housekeeping Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct regular inspections of the hotel to ensure adherence to
cleanliness and maintenance standards.
- Manage operating expenses to minimize costs while providing
excellent guest services.
- Provide training on all standards and assist Director of
Housekeeping with coaching and counseling.
- Assist in assigning room credits to staff as needed.
- Assist staff with cleaning and turn down service as needed.
- Coordinate department’s activities with other departments to
facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Bear ultimate responsibility for monitoring consumption and
ordering replacement of guest and cleaning supplies.
- Review time cards and edit missed punches as needed for payroll.
- Review productivity and cost levels for financial analysis.
- Assist Front Office Manager with room blocks and room moves as needed.
- Attend weekly resume / operation meetings for upcoming
- Communicate and maintain relationships with vendors for ordering
supplies. Negotiate pricing for cost analysis.
- Assist in supervisor the Receiving Coordinator position to ensure
deliveries are properly logged and delivered. Assign additional
task to Receiving Coordinate as needed for productivity.
- Oversee divisional matters as they relate to federal, state and
local employment and civil rights laws.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other
related duties may be assigned as required in addition to the
principle duties outlined above.
In addition, this position may be required
to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with
the percentage of time performing each function to be solely
determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of
* Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
Education and Licensing:
* High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s
Skills and Experience:
* Minimum two years management experience with housekeeping
management at progressively higher levels of responsibility, luxury resort
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand
the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as
budgetary analysis capabilities required.
* Must possess basic computational ability. Must possess basic
* Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the team member
acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
* Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal
employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and
health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not
limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues
(where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy
Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
* Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally
is moderate and controlled by The Ranch environmental systems.
Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and
standing are required during the rest of the working day. Length of
time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
* Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach
other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
* Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
* Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to
250 lbs, occasionally.
* Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive
motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
* Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions
being those of near vision and depth perception.
* Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment
such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric
typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX
machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as
Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all
Regular attendance is essential to the successful performance of
this position. Irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary
action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the fluctuation in business levels in the hospitality
industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to
reflect the business needs of The Ranch. In addition, attendance is
required at all scheduled training sessions and meetings.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with
company rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of
The Ranch’s facilities. Team members who violate The Ranch rules and
regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and
including termination of employment.
This description is intended to indicate the typical kinds of tasks
and levels of difficulty that are required of positions given this
title. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of
all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to
perform from time to time. It is not intended to limit or in any way
modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the
work of team members under his/her supervision.
Flexibility with working hours and on-call rotation.