Some of our benefits include:
- $500 paid out after 90 days of employment
- Must work a min of 20 hours per week
- Must be in good standing with the company
- Must be employed with the company at the time of payout
- Free golf for employee plus 1 guest* (restrictions apply)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Optional Participation in
FSA Spending Account & Retirement Savings Plan
To produce all hot and cold food items for service in the Beach Café
and Pantry, ensuring that all are prepared according to The Ranch at
Laugna Beach standards and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare food of consistent quality following The Ranch at Laguna
- Date all food containers and rotate per Standard Operating
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Cook orders as requested, including special requests.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not
to prepare over estimated needs.
- Practice sanitation standards at all times. Make sure that all
perishables are being kept at the proper temperatures.
- Properly portion all items on assigned station.
- Ensure assigned station is ready for service, with all menus items.
- Assist in prep work of food and condiments as required for the
- Prepare all guest orders on time including special requests
- Strong knowledge of all stations in scheduled kitchen.
- Complete a proper requisition ensuring all products has been order
for following day.
- Return all food items not used on shift to designated storage
areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Control food waste, loss and usage. Assist in setting up plans and
actions to correct and food cost problems.
- Able to work all stations in designated outlet.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be
all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned as required in
addition to the principle duties outlined above.
Requirements For The Position:
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Understanding of daily culinary operations, able to assist other
team members before and during service.
- Ability to have a positive relationship with other co-workers.
Perform directed instruction from a manager and/or supervisor that
is within reasonable standards of health or orderly business operations.
- Ability to bake, broil, sauté and steam meats, fish, vegetables
and other foods.
- Ability to make soups, sauces & stocks. Ability to measure and
mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Work until last guest orders have left the kitchen even if this
means after your scheduled time. (your pay will be adjusted accordingly)
- Report to work on time and with little or no sick calls (this
means in the kitchen at scheduled start time)
Education and Licensing:
High school or equivalent education required. Ability to obtain
and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
Skills and Experience:
Certified Cook level or higher. One to Two years minimum experience
in a full service restaurant preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
appearance per The Ranch standards.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace. Must be able to read and write to
facilitate the communication process. Requires good communication
skills, both verbal and written. Must possess basic computational
ability. Knowledge of The Ranch operations, its services, and
facilities. Ability to read recipes and follow their instructions.
Ability to create appropriate buffet displays up to 5-6 feet in
height and the ability to set up, maintain and breakdown same.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is
moderate and controlled by The Ranch environmental systems; however,
must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F)
and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Walking and standing are required for most of the working day.
Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Ability to physically handle knives, pots, mirrors, or other
display items as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and
otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen.
Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with
cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height (banquet kitchen, prep
kitchen, bake shop, etc.). Proper usage and handling of various
kitchen machinery to include slicers, buffalo chopper, grinders,
mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
- Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, i.e.,
cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and
- Ability to create, build, handle, and dismantle displays up to 8
feet high, including ice carvings.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause
the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to
reach other locations of The Ranch on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 50 lbs. on a
regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to
250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive
motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions
being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Some benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Hiring Bonus, Free Golf (some restrictions apply)
Potential employees must be vaccinated and show proof of
vaccination upon hiring. Employees not vaccinated are required to
wear masks as currently outlined by the CDC.
Regular attendance is essential to the successful performance of this
position. Irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action,
up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the fluctuation in business levels in the hospitality
industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to
reflect the business needs of The Ranch. In addition, attendance is
required at all scheduled training sessions and meetings.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with
company rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of
The Ranch’s facilities. Team members who violate The Ranch rules and
regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and
including termination of employment.
This description is intended to indicate the typical kinds of tasks
and levels of difficulty that are required of positions given this
title. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of
all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to
perform from time to time. It is not intended to limit or in any way
modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the
work of team members under his/her supervision.
Flexibility with working hours and on-call rotation.