Prepare and coordinate the production of all hot and cold food items
in order to maintain high standards of quality for Banquet and
Catering Events according to the Ranch at Laguna Beach’s standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Read and organize BEO’s according to event dates
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering
meat, or preparing sauces)
- Prepare all hot cold food items for buffet, banquet and restaurant
use according to standard recipes.
- Assist with plate ups for Banquet and Catering events on and off site.
- Answer, report and follow Banquet and Executive chef’s instructions
- Adhere to all sanitation practices
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in
a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other
related duties may be assigned as required in addition to the
principle duties outlined above.
In addition, this position may be required to perform a combination
of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time
performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based
upon the particular requirements of The Ranch:
- Consult with Banquet Chef on a daily basis as well as with other
departments that are directly related to the Food & Beverage Department.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by Executive and
Requirements For The Position
Education and Licensing:
High school or equivalent education required. Ability to obtain
and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
Skills and Experience:
Certified Cook level or higher. Prior experience preferred.
Experience in a full service restaurant or hotel/resort restaurant desired.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
appearance per The Ranch standards.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary
language used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Knowledge of The Ranch operations, its services, and facilities.
- Ability to read recipes and follow their instructions.
- Ability to create appropriate buffet displays up to 5-6 feet in
height and the ability to set up, maintain and breakdown same.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is
moderate and controlled by The Ranch environmental systems; however,
must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and
kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day.
Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Ability to physically handle knives, pots, or other display items
as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise
transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen.
- Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with
cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height (banquet kitchen, prep
kitchen, bake shop, etc.).
- Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include
slicers, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
- Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, i.e.,
cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause
the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to
reach other locations of The Ranch on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 50 lbs. on a
regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to
250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive
motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions
being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Some of our benefits include:
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, competitive pay, $500
hiring bonus & free golf (some restrictions apply)
All potential employees must be vaccinated and show proof of
vaccination upon hiring. Employees not vaccinated are required to
wear masks per the current CDC guidelines.
Regular attendance is essential to the successful performance of this
position. Irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action,
up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the fluctuation in business levels in the hospitality
industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to
reflect the business needs of The Ranch. In addition, attendance is
required at all scheduled training sessions and meetings.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with
company rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of
The Ranch’s facilities. Team members who violate The Ranch rules and
regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and
including termination of employment.
This description is intended to indicate the typical kinds of tasks
and levels of difficulty that are required of positions given this
title. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of
all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to
perform from time to time. It is not intended to limit or in any way
modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the
work of team members under his/her supervision.
Flexibility with on-call rotation.