Perform the daily tasks of the Guest Services/Security team member of
The Ranch LB Rooms Division. Responsibilities encompass all areas of
the Rooms Division including property security, public areas upkeep,
engineering and overnight guest services. Work to achieve the goals
and objectives of the department and the mission statement of The Ranch.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle all situations in a professional manner.
- Attend daily briefings and review the daily schedules/logs to know
what is happening within the operation.
- Make sure your attire is impeccable at all times.
- Assist and escort guests as requested;Including guest rides,
baggage assistance, directions, property questions and special requests.
- Complete daily task log, communicate and report any guest or team
member issues with manager/supervisor.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned to meet the goals and
objectives of the entire Rooms Division.
Overnight Guest Services:
- Act as liaison for Night Auditor when completing guest requests
and nightly duties.
- This includes, but is not limited to Newspaper delivery, In-Room
Dining pick-ups, Housekeeping Services (making sofa beds, delivering
towels, toothbrush, etc.)
- Minimal coverage of phones and Front Desk as lunch relief.
- Escort guests to rooms for check-ins, luggage assistance, room
- Assistance with minor Engineering requests (TV, AC, Plumbing, etc.)
- Assist guest with retrieving keys for vehicle parked in valet areas.
- Conduct patrols throughout The Ranch, checking for unsecured doors
and rooms, uninvited guests, trespassers, unauthorized persons in
restricted areas and safety hazards.
- Respond to all guest and team member calls while on patrol, making
emergencies a top priority.
- Complete daily logs and email to management.
- View monitors and keep constant surveillance of grounds through
the camera system.
- Respond to guest calls regarding noise complaints, emergency
situations, power outages, etc.
- Assist with flood control team, safety, emergency and evacuation
plans as needed.
- Fill out all necessary reports, including incident reports as they
occur. Make sure all logs are properly filled out and documented.
- Ensure all trash is collected from outdoor disposals in a timely manner.
- Observe and report potential safety hazards.
- Patrol resort grounds, parking lot and Country Club Drive (road
leading to resort) to ensure property is free of trash and debris.
- Ensure fire hydrants and drains are kept clean from dust and debris
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other
related duties may be assigned as required in addition to the
principle duties outlined above.
Requirements For The Position
Education and Licensing:
High school or equivalent education required. CPR/First Aid certified preferred.
Skills and Experience:
Previous overnight Guest Services in a hotel / resort environment
preferred. Safety and security experience desired. Current Customer
Service experience required.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
appearance per The Ranch standards.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computer skills. Ability to solve problems and
make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of The Ranch operations, its services, and facilities.
- Knowledge of The Ranch safety and security operations.
- Knowledge of other department operations at The Ranch to assist in
times of need.
Most work tasks are performed indoors and outdoors. The temperature
may vary when conducting outdoor duties depending on the weather. This
may include patrolling in the rain, fog or cold weather.
Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working
day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4
hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to
day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different
outlets and other departments of The Ranch on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to
250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive
motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions
being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment
such as computers, printers, camera systems and radios.
All potential Ranch LB team members must be fully vaccinated
and show proof of vaccine at the time of hire or be open for weekly testing.
Some of our Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, *Resort discounts, a hiring bonus & free golf
Regular attendance is essential to the successful performance of this
position. Irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action,
up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the fluctuation in business levels in the hospitality
industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to
reflect the business needs of The Ranch. In addition, attendance is
required at all scheduled training sessions and meetings.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with
company rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of
The Ranch’s facilities. Team members who violate The Ranch rules and
regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and
including termination of employment.
This description is intended to indicate the typical kinds of tasks
and levels of difficulty that are required of positions given this
title. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of
all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to
perform from time to time. It is not intended to limit or in any way
modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the
work of team members under his/her supervision.
Flexibility with working hours and on-call rotation.