Greet and welcome arriving guests as they enter The Ranch. Assist both arriving and departing guests with valet services, check in’s, check outs and baggage handling. Provide a consistently high degree of both friendliness and efficiency for all guests and visitors by parking guest vehicles in a safe and orderly manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive guest vehicles from motor court to designated parking area of resort for valet parking and return guest vehicle to motor court for guest pick-up when needed.
- Welcome and escort guests to and from their rooms and assisting with luggage.
- Inform guests of all safety features and promote The Ranch offerings.
- Maintain accurate logs.
- Store guest baggage upon request and assist with the loading and unloading of baggage into and out of automobiles.
- Assist guests with any requests and escort guests to their rooms.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned as required in addition to the principle duties outlined above.
In addition, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of The Ranch:
- Deliver amenities and packages to guests. Stage the resort check in area for large arrivals and departures.
- Maintain cleanliness behind the bell stand, in the check-in/check-out area, and in the baggage room. Clean the bell carts.
- Shuttle guests in golf carts around the resort and to and from the beach.
- Recommend to guests that all valuables be secured in trunk or safety deposit boxes provided in their guest room.
- Assist incoming and outgoing guests with getting baggage out of and into vehicles as requested.
- Retrieve guests vehicles upon arrival and departure and at guests requests.
Requirements For The Position
Education and Licensing:
High school or equivalent education required. Valid state driver’s license required. Must have good driving record.
Skills and Experience:
Prior experience as a bellman/valet required. Customer Service experience a must. Ability to operate all types of passenger vehicles (manual and automatic) required. Must be at least 21 years of age.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per The Ranch standards.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of the city, particularly tourist attractions.Must have satisfactory driving record.
- Knowledge of The Ranch operations, its services, and facilities.
- Most work tasks are performed outdoors. There is no effective protection from weather.
- The position requires standing, driving and getting in and out of vehicles most of the day. Must be able to stand or drive and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and luggage handling tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other team members.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Regular attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position. Irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the fluctuation in business levels in the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of The Ranch. In addition, attendance is required at all scheduled training sessions and meetings.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of The Ranch’s facilities. Team members who violate The Ranch rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
This description is intended to indicate the typical kinds of tasks and levels of difficulty that are required of positions given this title. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of team members under his/her supervision.
Must be flexible with rotating and on-call work schedule.