Take food and beverage orders from guests in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilties:
- Greet all guests with fast, friendly, personalized service. Take orders for and serve all food and beverage requests, using suggestive selling techniques.
- Develop relationships with guests by learning their names, favorite drinks & food items.
- Knowledgeable of food & drinks to answer guests questions regarding coffee blends, preparation and baked good items.Clear tables during service.
- Control guest checks and secure proper payment. Ensure station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side duties as assigned by the Outlet Supervisor and Manager.
- Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of dining areas and servicing equipment.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude and keep up company morale.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned as required in addition to the principle duties outlined above.
In addition, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of The Ranch:
- Regularly cleans the pantry area, floor, coffee machines, counters, takes out trash, etc.
- Assist in moving any tables and chairs as needed.
- Inform supervisor of any problems or complaints.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Inform manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
Requirements for the position
Education and Licensing:
High school or equivalent education required. Must be of minimum age to serve alcohol.
Skills and Experience:
Previous experience in a coffee shop and bartending prefefferd. Customer service experience preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per The Ranch standards.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to make all requested coffee and alcoholic drinks.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ensure guest comfort and safety throughout event.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to describe all menu items and methods of preparation and to use suggestive selling techniques to encourage the guests to choose items that are house specialties.
- Ability to notify management of any inappropriate behavior from the guest such as intoxication.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to organize and prioritize work, solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors and outdoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs, occasionally.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning/inspection tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Regular attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position. Irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the fluctuation in business levels in the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of The Ranch. In addition, attendance is required at all scheduled training sessions and meetings.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of The Ranch’s facilities. Team members who violate The Ranch rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
This description is intended to indicate the typical kinds of tasks and levels of difficulty that are required of positions given this title. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of team members under his/her supervision.
Flexibility with working hours and on-call rotation.